Editing: grammar, mechanics, content, structure and style
- Other writing issues: simple fact-checking; enhancing clarity; eliminating jargon; suggesting transitions and basic structure (but not major developmental editing).
- Theses and dissertations in a variety of fields including economics, finance, and technology.
- Job search and school admission documents such as cover letters, resumes, teaching statements, essays for entry into higher education.
- Corporate communications including nonprofit board meeting minutes and memos; editorial board work for a monthly, themed publication for a nonprofit; website narrative for small businesses.
- Short stories and novellas for self-published authors.
In addition to grant-writing, I have written and edited a variety of policy and communication-related documents:
- Curriculum outcomes and standards (including crosswalks between different frameworks).
- Auction catalog copy, product descriptions, short profiles of people, events, and items.
- Handbooks for programs (students, families, teachers as main audiences).
- Policies (e.g. discipline, academic, college advising process, orientation procedures, assessment guidelines).
- Literature review for nonprofit organization on aging issues; research used for grant proposals and other agency communications.
- Distillation and summaries of complex neuro-psychological reports for a lay audience.
- Data compilation and analysis regarding student achievement.
Fees are reasonable and negotiable and depend on the project. The best way to contact me is via email: email@example.com